With a lot altering day-to-day with medical cannabis and the looming legalization date in Canada, it may be straightforward to overlook among the updates. We publish weekly recap blogs of the highest tales from the cannabis world, so you may keep within the know.
Information cycle from August 20 to 26:
- Consumption habits altering in Canada’s booming medical marijuana market. The variety of medical marijuana sufferers in Canada skyrocketed in current months, and patterns of consumption are evolving because the market grows. The newest information from Well being Canada reveals affected person counts within the nation reached practically 300,000 in March, up from 175,000 in April 2017 – a 70% improve. Additional information from the federal government – which incorporates detailed data of MMJ gross sales from licensed producers to sufferers – reveals two key findings:
- Consumption on a per-patient foundation has declined as extra Canadians be a part of this system.
- Gross sales of cannabis oil are rising, however the market stays dominated by the flower.
- Can CBD Assist Nausea? What You Ought to Know About CBD & Tummy Troubles. Though there isn’t a ton of analysis on the medical makes use of of cannabis, there may be some constructive medical analysis about CBD and nausea. CBD could be an efficient therapy for treating nausea in chemotherapy recipients, with one affected person stating “It labored quicker, higher, and extra utterly than any of the prescriptions my oncologist gave me”. It ought to be famous, that whereas CBD and THC can affect lowering nausea, this therapy shouldn’t be prolonged to pregnant girls experiencing morning illness.
- 7 Clinically Examined Advantages of CBD Oil, The Wellness World’s New Favorite Complement. CBD is probably going probably the most talked about product of 2018, because it has a mess of advantages attributable to its interplay with the our bodies endocannabinoid system. The article outlines the results that CBD has on: anxiousness; most cancers; epilepsy; dementia; ache and irritation; cardiovascular well being and antipsychotic results.
- Marijuana use declines amongst California teenagers. Marijuana use amongst center and highschool college students continued to say no in California in 2016 and 2017, a brand new state-funded well being survey reveals. Solely 4.2 per cent of seventh graders reported ever utilizing marijuana, in keeping with the 16th biennial California Wholesome Youngsters Survey. Comparable declines have been discovered amongst college students in grades 9 and 11. “Leisure use hasn’t triggered any improve, and it’s truly inflicting a drop,” Komp stated. “I hope and count on the pattern will proceed.”