Broken Coast is is a federally licensed cultivator and processor of cannabis under the Cannabis Regulations, located in Duncan, BC. We are proud to be Canadian owned and operated and pride ourselves on our quality product and personal service.
We are currently looking to add a full-time Regulatory Affairs Associate to our team in Duncan, BC.
The regulatory affairs associate will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring Broken Coast’s compliance with all relevant regulations, most notably the Cannabis Regulations. The incumbent will complete compliance audits, monitor and communicate changes, and will cooperate with stakeholders in the business to prepare and submit regulatory correspondence.
The successful candidate for this role will have exceptional organizational and communications skills, a strong sense of urgency, and a proven track record and previous experience in a regulated setting.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of the Cannabis Act and Regulations
- Represent Broken Coast as point of contact for regulatory communications
- Track and maintain all correspondence with regulatory bodies
- Ensure that management compliance issues and changes are communicated to management in a timely fashion.
- Perform regulatory reviews: Packaging, labels, change requests, facility compliance.
- Complete regulatory submissions: Inspection responses, new product notifications, license amendments, notices to local authorities
- Perform regular in-house compliance audits
- Prepare required documentation for regulatory submissions and requests
- Ensure that Broken Coast’s regulatory practices are aligned with all related businesses and corporate direction.
- Support the department with other tasks and duties as assigned
- Health Canada license and amendment management in the Cannabis Tracking and Licensing System (CTLS)
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience in regulatory affairs, preferably in Canadian controlled drugs and substances, pharmaceuticals, or nutritionals
- Familiarity with the Cannabis Act and Cannabis Regulations required
- Experience in technical writing and regulatory submissions
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to detail
- Critical thinking and assessment skills
- Enthusiasm to work as an engaged member of a rapidly evolving business.
- Familiarity with quality management systems required
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal, English language)
Inclusivity and Accommodation: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not constructed to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer. Broken Coast is committed to providing an accessible and barrier-free environment. Please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation during any part of the recruitment process.
Keeping our employees safe is our number one priority. To do so we are currently holding phone and video interviews. We have also introduced the following measures at our facilities:
- Restricted visitor access
- Installation of physical barriers & additional hand washing stations.
- Staggered shifts and break times
- Mandatory mask policy & supplied PPE
- Enhanced sanitation measures
- Social distancing policies & monitoring
Broken Coast thanks all applicants in advance for your interest but only those selected for interview will be contacted- we look forward to hearing from you!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift