Producing a good quality homemade CBD oil is not that difficult. Are you interested in using CBD oil but can.t find a reliable local brand? You, have read articles about the added contaminants in CBD oil and are hesitant in trying it out. Making homemade CBD oil is easy and a natural method
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a marijuana-based product. CBD is a form of cannabinoid that is the naturally occurring chemical in cannabis plants. Although it is derived from the cannabis plant, CBD does not give a “high” or any other type of intoxication. The high is caused by another cannabinoid which is known as THC.
CBD Medication Can Help
Chronic pain caused by diseases such as fibromyalgia, as well as arthritis. CBD can provide relief for pain and may even prevent degeneration of the nervous system.
CBD has shown to be effective in calming childhood epilepsy. The FDA-approved a medicinal product containing a purified marijuana substance. Epidiolex constitutes the first FDA approval for a drug for Dravet syndrome patients.
In conditions such as PTSD, social anxiety disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder. The levels of stress and anxiety have been shown to decrease when using CBD.
How To Make Homemade CBD Oil
One of the best and easiest and safest methods to produce homemade CBD oil is the “Oil Method”. This procedure is becoming popular because it is completely safe, free of unnecessary contaminants. As well the consumer has the benefits of both the extracted CBD and the carrier oil.
You should be aware that the quality of cannabis you use determines the quality of the end product. Choose a high-quality strain from a reputable dispensary. Look to buy an organic produced strain if possible, with a high CBD percentage.
Producing CBD Oil
- Choose a good quality organic if possible, carrier oil, either olive or coconut.
- Select a high-quality marijuana plant’s buds, leaves and stems. But make sure the raw marijuana has been through the decarboxylation cycle before you begin. Usually if the cannabis is ready to be smoked then it’s decarboxylated.
- In a mason jar, combine the ground-up cannabis. With your choice of carrier oil and add the oil to the weed. You may vary the oil amount and add additional oil. This acts as a dilutant and you can adjust according to how strong you want the final product to be.
- The oil and cannabis mixture now have to be brought to a boil. Only once your weed is completely saturated. Screw the cap of the mason jar to make sure no steam or water enters into your mixture.
- Put a towel on the bottom of the pot. Place the jar on the bottom and fill the pot with water until at least 200 degrees temperature is reached.
- Inspect the pot periodically to make sure the water has not evaporated. Turn the stove off after three hours and let the oil mixture sit for another three hours. Heat it again for another 3 three hours. Always checking to make sure your water has not evaporated. After the second heating turn heat off and let you jar cool off overnight.
- The CBD oil is ready for use the next day. Using a cheesecloth strain your mixture squeezing out every little bit of the precious mixture. Your homemade CBD oil is ready to be used, store it in a cool and dry place.
Choose The Right Strain
You need to choose the right strain of cannabis if you want to make your own CBD oil. This will impact tremendously on the quality of the oil produced. The most important rule is you have to choose a high CBD or low THC cannabis strain. Homemade CBD oil can be described as a chemical compound with many medical benefits and very few side effects.